Start a microschool
CottageClass is a community marketplace for childhood education. We offer teachers and parents the opportunity to sustain or start microschools, extracurricular enrichment, preschool, homeschool co-ops, summer camps, and other community based programs for children ages 0-18.
We provide independent microschools with
- A beautiful teacher profile and microschool homepage on the CottageClass web-site
- Enrollments and registration
- Secure tuition management
- Teacher training: On-line (global) and in-person (NYC)
- Microschool Marketing toolkit
- Feedback: we regularly survey your parents for feedback on their experience so you can continue to grow and improve your offerings.
- Community of teacherpreneurs (monthly get-togethers in NYC and online global community)
- Credibility: Through our background checks and verified reviews, parents can feel safe and excited choosing their your child's teacher.
- Customer service: Within reason, we will help to resolve customer service issues that may arise at your microschool and mitigate the motherload of email that can sometimes occur between teachers, parents and other parents
- Performance-based rankings: Each of our teachers are ranked according to the number of their positive reviews so the love and energy you put into your classroom has an immediate impact on your enrollment success. We also offer our all-star teachers opportunities to contribute to the CottageClass blog.
- Teacher/parent protection (coming soon): Starting this semester, we'll be implementing an insurance policy that protects families, teachers, spaces and students.
- It is free to list: We cover the expenses of running CottageClass by taking a commission on enrollments and a small application fee from parents for microschools that are not automatic enrollment.
For teachers: We are currently in the process of developing new software to improve the CottageClass experience for Teachers and Parents! To apply to be a CottageClass teacher, please visit our staging site by clicking the button above.